Sunday, July 29, 2007

The worst is not over...

What?
With everything that has happened to me in July, it's still not unlucky enough? And I have to get into an accident to make it worse?
I hit a car in the rear last Thursday, damaging the left rear light and bumper of the car. On my own side, the bonnet is dented, front right light broken and the bumper, though still attached is pushed all the way back to the tyres. That means though the engine is still OK, I can't drive the car.
Repair will comes up to the thousands for both car and since it was my fault and I don't have that kind of money to spare, I am claiming from the insurance. The loss of moolah to go into repair is one thing, the inconvenience caused is the real consequences of the accident.
There I was hoping to close more sales for the month and here I am now, running around trying to take care of all the paperwork required for the claim. That and the fact that my car will need to remain in the workshop for a month. Luckily, I still have a Kancil for backup.
The whole accident is a hassle, and could not come at a worst time but is there still a silver lining to be found here?
I was bound for NS these 2 days and there was a report of a serious accident along the highway when a car skidded and crashed into a group of motorcyclists taking shelter from the rain under the bridge. I could have been there, I am just thankful a minor accident prevented me from making the trip. Plus, while searching for the panel workshop for Kurnia, a man collapsed in front of me in an epilepsy attack. I sort of helped that man recover.
So yeah... I can find the silver lining but I still hope for unlucky July of 2007 to go away soon and looking forward to a learning month of August. I have signed up for a filmmaking workshop on Aug 4 and a marketing seminar on communication helmed by a Mr Jeffrey Kee on 25th and 26th. Should be interesting.

2 comments:

April Blossoms said...

I m juz glad u r OK.....

Still...it might be a sign 2 get new car, perhaps?
hehehe...

John Ong said...

Hey, that's another way of looking at it.